Thursday, July 18, 2019

Back Again

Hi Bloggers,

Incredibly, it's been a whole 6 years since I last posted, so I'd better get back to it!

Let me pick up from where I left off last time. If I remember rightly I was about to start running my own teaching business or franchise in Thailand. Unfortunately, it turned out to be an unmitigated disaster, not because I couldn't handle the business, but because the guy who sold it to me was a scammer.  Yes, I was a complete idiot! Basically, he pocketed my money and never paid me a penny of the profits. Anywhere else in the world he would be behind bars by now, but in a developing country like Thailand without a proper working legal system, it was almost impossible to bring him to justice. Philip Dunne or Philip Crabb was the scammer's name. Absolute scumbag of a man. Do be careful not to do any business with him!

Fortunately, though, I moved on quickly and have developed a great teaching career in the Gulf region working in some top universities here. It blows away working for the British Council, not just in terms of pay, but also in terms of job satisfaction. Nice long holidays too!

Finally, my family. My son is almost seven now. He's growing up to be such a great kid. I'm really proud of both him and my wife. In fact, after so many years of being single, getting married and having a kid was the best thing I ever did. I now have a real purpose in life.

Going forward, I hope to put up some posts about how I stay healthy, maybe some philosophical stuff and anything else I think might be interesting..

Cheers,
Robert



No comments: