Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hot Season Flora - part one

Hi Bloggers,

I've always taken a keen interest in tropical flora. In fact, it's one of the things I like about living in a country like Thailand. There are three main seasons here - hot, cool and rainy. We're currently moving into the hot phase, when the heat and humidity slowly build up to culminate in the rainy or monsoon season.

Interestingly, it's around now that most flora reproduce. It makes for quite a visual display, as not only are there all the seed formations, but also the magnificent and abundant plethora of tropical flowers. For part one, I'm just showing the seeds. Many trees have both male and female seeds, e.g. the palm tree. On my next blog, I'll show some of the flowers.

Hope you're enjoying the weather wherever you are!

Cheers,
Rob

No comments: