Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hot Season Flora - part two

Hi Bloggers,

It's around now, i.e. March and April, that all the trees flower too, making for quite a visual display. One of my favourites is the Golden Rain tree, which looks like it's literally dripping with gold (see pic). There is simply so much diversity in the tropics, and this is one of the things that makes it such a wonderful place to live in.










Anyway, I'm pleased to say I've managed to get five days holiday for myself, and I'm off down to Ko Samui, my favourite Thai island. It's become increasingly touristified over the years, but has still managed to retain a lot of its orinigal charm and beauty, in strong contrast to a place like Phuket, which is now so overcrowded and built up that you hardly feel you're on a tropical island at all. Will blog from there.

Cheers,
Robert

No comments: